The College of Health and Fitness is situated in The Evergreen Centre at North Lakes. It is a family owned and run business operating since 2002, where personalised service ensures that your training well and truly exceeds the minimum industry standard. This is highlighted by the fact that the majority of our graduates find work in their chosen fields before the conclusion of their course.
The College of Health and Fitness focusses on honest, accurate information about the course, the costs, the industry and where you can end up. We ensure that the course you are enrolled in is suitable for your chosen career path and that you experience a range of training environments with “real” clients. We also provide access to industry professionals who give you their unique insights into what it is really like to work in this exciting field.
Whether you choose to study in a classroom, through flexible delivery, correspondence or via our unique one on one personalised courses you will be guided and supported by our team of experienced industry professionals.
The staff at The College of Health and Fitness have many years of experience in their chosen fields and have supported clients with general fitness goals, injury rehabilitation and even to win Olympic gold medals. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver award winning enjoyable courses, at affordable prices.
“I recently completed the Diploma in Fitness at The College of Health and Fitness.
I highly recommend this course to any Personal Trainer who is serious about their career and wants to be successful in this industry.
It utilises the knowledge gained from the Certificate IV and take your skills to a new level, giving you the confidence to guide clients through a rehabilitation program, and those clients with special needs, such Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to those with Musculoskeletal problems.
The whole staff are friendly and very skilled in their areas of expertise. The lecturers are incredibly knowledgeable and have great practical experience, not to mention their industry experience, and the team at the front reception are there to assist you with any questions you may have.
This course has taken my business to the next level and there is no better place to study. I would not hesitate to highly recommend anyone to The College of Health and Fitness”.
DAVE, December 2013
Advantages of Studying at The College of Health & Fitness
Whether you are studying as a means of getting a job in the fitness industry, to build your own health and fitness knowledge, as a pathway to further study or for some other reason, our focus is the same. To provide you with the best learning experience we can and to ensure that you are competent in the skills and knowledge that make up the course you undertake.
By studying with us you can be assured that you are studying with a highly acclaimed College. The Awards and Achievements of The College of Health and Fitness and its owner Tony Attridge include:
- 1994 ACPHER Sport Science Research Award
- 1994 Consultation with gold medal winning State, National, International, Paralympic and
Olympic athletes across a range of sports
- 1996 - Trained athletes at every Olympic Games since 1996
- 2003 Contributed to The Complete Soccer Player interactive CD-ROM published by GSM
and endorsed by Football Australia
- 2006-2008 Finalist for the Griffith University Sessional Academic Staff of the Year
- 2007 Nominee for Qld Fitness Professional of the Year
- 2007 Co-authored the Essential Guide to Fitness for the Personal Trainer published by Pearson Education
- 2007 Trained the Australian Vocational Student of the Year Award prize winner Ellen Winn
- 2008 Nominee for the Griffith University Sessional Academic Staff of the Year
- 2008 Winner of the ACPHER QLD Corporate Award
- 2009 2 Australian Vocational Student of the Year Award prize winners
- 2010 Queensland Training Awards Nominee
- 2010 Trained North Queensland School Based Trainee of the Year
- 2011 Queensland Training Awards Nominee
- 2011 Co-authored the Essential Guide to Fitness for the Personal Trainer published by Pearson Education (2nd Edition)
- 2013 Strength and Conditioning Coach Level 3
- 2014 Right Way Trainer and Assessor and Industry Advisor Accreditation
Tony has over 20 years of adult education experience teaching Health and Fitness subjects at Universities in Brisbane as well as various private Registered Training Organisations. In addition, he has over 25 years of practical experience with the health and fitness industry.
In addition, you’ll find we provide:
- Smaller Classes (max 20).
- Nationally Recognised Training.
- Lecturers with extensive industry experience
- Australian Quality Training Framework Compliant.
- Right Way Training Facility Accreditation
- Tailor made courses available for organisations.
- Correspondence courses available at reduced rates.
- Quoted prices include all workbooks.
- No hidden fees.