Certificate IV in Weight Management
The Cert IV Weight Management is one of the most exciting new courses to become available for people working in the health and fitness sphere for a long time. The College of Health and Fitness is excited to be able to offer our students access to this course because it will help them to broaden their careers into the weight management industry as a consultant or coach in a variety of health and wellness areas. The study involved will broaden students’ skills and knowledge, so you can provide a more holistic service to your clients. Alternatively, you can create an offshoot of your existing business, attracting new clients.
Weight loss and weight management is a growing industry, ‘IBISWorld reports have indicated a growth of over 14% in the demand for weight-loss counseling services in just two years (2012-2014); it is estimated that nearly three-quarters of the Australian population will be overweight or obese by 2025, indicating that this increased demand is set to continue’
The Course includes 11 units:
- Work effectively in the weight management industry (WMTIND401A)
- Analyse and apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management (WMTPSY401A)
- Analyse and apply principles of nutritional science to meal planning (WMTDIT401A)
- Apply basic anatomy and physiology principles to exercise recommendations for weight management (WMTFIT401A)
- Undertake an initial weight management consultation (WMTCON401A)
- Undertake regular weight management consultations (WMTCON402A)
- Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups (WMTCON403A)
- Work collaboratively with networks (WMTREL401)
- Make a presentation (BSBCMM401)
- Address customer needs (BSBCUS402)
- Market the Small Business (BSBSMB403)
The course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the weight management industry:
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Weight Management Consultant
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Health Coach
Our students who wish to access this course can attend a 3-day face to face workshop with College Owner Tony Attridge and complete the remainder of the course online (students can also study purely online if they prefer). The face to face workshop is an excellent opportunity to engage with other students and also complete some aspects of the course with your peers.
Fitness Professionals registered with either Physical Activity Australia or Fitness Australia may be eligible for PDP or CEC recognition upon completion of this course. Graduates are also able to access insurance to cover their role as weight management professional.
Face to face workshops run regularly across the country, so get in touch via e.mail to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org