Certificate 4 in Fitness SIS40215 (Brisbane)
The Certificate IV in Fitness course is designed to compliment and further the knowledge and skills you gained during the Certificate III in Fitness and can only be completed after successfully achieving the Certificate III qualification.
This qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis, to improve health-related components of fitness in relatively low risk situations. This may include training of older clients and children.
Graduates have a substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training; provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff; and deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation.
Graduates work independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems, including monitoring and managing business activities to operate efficiently and profitably.
The qualification does not provide the skills and knowledge for you to provide advice or exercise instruction to high risk clients, other than to refer the client to an appropriate medical or allied health professional.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces, where risk management (through risk assessment and hazard control processes) does not already exist.
As in the Certificate III Course, The College of Health & Fitness provides “hands on” practical training in a fully equipped fitness facility and various other facilities that may be used as exercise locations.
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness Entry Requirements
Entry to this qualification is open to those who hold a current first aid qualification and current CPR certificate and who have achieved the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming delivery
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT0014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness Units of Competency
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13-17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- BSBFRA301 Work within a franchise
- CUFIND401A Provide Services on a freelance basis
- SISSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs