Continue Your Career With A Certificate 4 in Fitness SIS40215 (Brisbane)
The Certificate IV in Fitness course is designed to complement and further the knowledge and skills you gained during the Certificate III in Fitness and can only be completed after successfully completing the pre-requisite units of the Certificate III in Fitness.
This qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis, to improve health-related components of fitness in relatively low-risk situations. This may include training of older clients and children.
Graduates have a substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training; provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff; and deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation.
Graduates work independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems, including monitoring and managing business activities to operate efficiently and profitably.
The qualification does not provide the skills and knowledge for you to provide advice or exercise instruction to high-risk clients, other than to refer the client to an appropriate medical or allied health professional.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces, where risk management (through risk assessment and hazard control processes) doesn’t already exist.
As in the Certificate III Course, The College of Health & Fitness provides “hands-on” practical training for face to face students in fully equipped fitness facilities and various other facilities that may be used as exercise locations.
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness Entry Requirements
Entry to this qualification is open to those who hold a current first aid qualification and current CPR certificate and who have achieved the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming delivery
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT0014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service.
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness includes the following units of Competency
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13-17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- BSBFRA301 Work within a franchise
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs.
Other units from the Certificate IV electives may be available – please enquire (Additional Fees May Apply)
Proactive Learning at the College of Health & Fitness
The College of Health & Fitness is a family run operation that first launched in 2002 and is completely committed to providing more than just world-class learning. Our team is dedicated to supporting students with learning that is encouraging, thorough and enjoyable. After all, when the personal development is powered by excitement and engagement, the end results will be far greater.
While the College team continue to advocate face to face learning as the ideal for people wishing to work in the Fitness industry, this is not possible for everyone. Because of this we offer an online option, where students can access their learning text, receive support, submit written material and engage with peers. This is an increasingly popular solution for a whole host of reasons including;
- Students can avoid expensive costs related to travel and other non-studying elements.
- Students can embrace the world-class service even when they aren’t in Brisbane.
- Students can learn at a pace to suit their personal preferences and other life commitments.
- Students can continue their development in an autonomous fashion that encourages future success.
- Students can keep a record of all interactions, which can then be studied for further development.
Students on the e.learning platform will still need access to a fitness facility to complete some of the practical requirements and fulfill the requirements of their Logbook. They may still visit the college if they require a little extra help, but this program does provide the ultimate level of control. Conversely, those looking for a more traditional approach to learning can find full-time and part-time solutions. The College of Health & Fitness staff offer as much flexibility as possible, empowering students to complete the course in the best way for them.
Top Teachings from Top Trainers
The College of Health & Fitness has a small but dedicated team and prides itself on boasting highly experienced, educated and engaging lecturers (and supportive and skilled administrative staff!) who provide a comprehensive and personal approach to your enrolment and learning.
College owner Tony Attridge oversees our team. With over 25 years in the Fitness industry and a long list of qualifications including a Masters of Sport and Exercise Psychology and current high-level results in Bodybuilding competition, Tony is involved in all aspects of College training delivery and the industry in general.
All our other trainers have extensive industry experience as well as at least 4 years of teaching. They bring other work life experiences as well and are perfect mentors for students of all ages.
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness Prospects For Graduates
We receive regular enquiries from industry professionals to refer our graduates for work opportunities and receive positive feedback about their skills and abilities.
Book Your Place Today
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is an incredible course that provides the advanced skills, expertise and confidence building knowledge needed to take your career as a Fitness Professional to the next level.
For those wishing to enjoy face to face learning and the interaction with classmates, there are several course start dates throughout the year and you can take the first step by arranging a visit today. Alternatively, those looking at online learning can get in touch at any time to discuss durations, costs, and any other issues that you may wish to clarify.
Either way, call us today on 07 3385 0195. The road to a brighter future in personal training starts now.